A large part of any culture is what they choose to celebrate. I’d love to make it a goal to visit, participate in, and document the most popular celebrations around the world.
The below list is a selection of cool things that we could do. It’s not meant to be all-inclusive nor a checklist. However, these things don’t fall during the time we’re planning to be gone.
- Diwali Festival of Lights (October/November)
- Boryeong Mud Festival (Mid July)
- Monkey Buffet Festival, Lopburi, end of November
- Obon Festival, August, floating lanterns
- Upacara Kasodo, mid-August monthly ritual